It goes without saying that most homeowners are very aware of everything that goes on their home. By staying up to date with regular maintenance of the home, you’re not only ensuring the safety of you and your family, but you’re giving your appliances a longer life! With all the precautions you already take in your home, there may be one thing that you’ve been overlooking for the past months or maybe even years: your dryer vent! The dryer vent needs a reasonable amount of oversight to keep its functionality in order to keep your family protected. In the following article, we will be discussing five signs that are indicative of your dryer vent needing some attention!
1. Your dryer doesn’t seem to be working properly – If the clothes in your laundry are seemingly not drying correctly or taking an abnormally long tie to dry, there may be something wrong with your dryer vent.
2. Your laundry room has a burning smell when you run your dryer – If you can sometimes get the sense of your dryer running too hot, or maybe even a burning smell, get that checked out. your first call should be to a dryer maintenance man.
3. Your dryer seems to be overheating – In the case that your dryer is getting really hot as it works, or your clothes are coming a lot hotter than they usually do, this could be a clear sign that something is wrong.
4. The flap to your vent looks funny – On the exterior side of your dryer, there is a hood flap, and if that guy isn’t closing correctly, there is most likely a buildup of debris or lint collecting.
5. You have forgotten to maintain your dryer vent – The sheer length of time taken to maintain your dryer vent is a great sign that it needs some help.
At Lone Star air duct cleaning in Spring, TX, this is exactly our point of expertise. Give us a call before it’s too late!